Our seeds are Certified Organic, Ecologically Farmed (grown without synthetic chemical inputs by local growers dedicated to building good soil in harmony with nature to produce delicious, nutrient-rich food), or Open Pollinated non-GMO harvested seed.
Our local growers include:
- Good Seed Company Founder's Collection (GSC) - these selected seeds have been lovingly grown without chemical inputs in our founder's trial gardens surrounding his pristine off-grid homestead in northeastern Washington. Location: Chesaw, WA.
- Friends of the Trees Society (FOTTS) - permaculturist Michael Pilarski has wildcrafted and cultivated medicinal herbs sustainably for over 40 years in conscious participation with nature for maximum vitality. Location: Hot Springs, MT
- Lost Creek Organics - Lisa Eversgerd and Jason Llewelyn specialize in growing premium quality certified organic gourmet garlic seed in in the rich, fertile soil surrounding their off-grid straw bale home in the Okanagan Highlands where garlic loves to grow. In the winter months, while garlic sleeps beneath a blanket of snow, Lisa makes exquisite pine needle baskets and soaps, and hand-sharpens one-man and two-man crosscut saws. Location: Chesaw, WA.
- Native Seed Foundation - David Ronniger, of heirloom seedling potato fame, has been farming organically for over 45 years. Through his Moysie Springs, Idaho farm, Ronniger's Potato Farm, David was instrumental in reviving the heirloom seed potato as a specialty vegetable in the 1990's. For over 33 years David and his team have been consciously and sustainably harvesting wild native seed from hardy stands in the NW for the wholesale nursery market. Currently David grows produce for his retail company Camas Organic Market & Bakery. Hot Springs, MT
- Purple Frog Gardens - Purple Frog is a family owned market farm that has been growing good food for locals since 1991. Pam Gerwe and Mike Jopek credit their high quality produce on their dedicated soil building efforts for over twenty years done with the help of countless volunteers, community members and young people. Location: Whitefish, MT
- Buggy Road Farm - Sarah Harding and her family cultivate an ecological micro farm specializing in duck eggs, asparagus, plant starts and micro greens. They use growing methods in line with their ethics: no chemical sprays, pesticides herbicides, GMOs, antibiotics, hormones or cages. Location: Whitefish, MT